Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Let The Summer Begin

I have officially arrived at the Pembroke-King's College Program here at the University of Cambridge, and needless to say this is the most breath taking place I have ever had the privilege of living in. I arrived at my dorm and took one look out my window to find myself staring at the beautiful Cam river with dozens of people punting boats. The site was absolutely incredible. After moving in all of my stuff, which miraculously all fit into one suitcase, I said goodbye to my family and was then left alone, in a foreign country, with no one I knew. Thankfully, I walked into the lounge that everyone was gathered in and quickly made friends whom I laughed and joked with for hours.
Our first meal at Cambridge was in the dining hall, which looked straight out of Hogwarts (yes, I know the real one is at Oxford… who cares?) Once dinner was over we of course all decided to go out to the Pub's and have some drinks. It was pretty exciting drinking in a pub with a bunch of locals and watching the World Cup. Definitely an experience that is unique for an American like me.
After having a day of orientation and my first day of classes, I feel more and more excited about the journey that is ahead of me. Studying in a place like England has been a dream of mine ever since I came here nearly 10 years ago. Now, I am studying at one of the most prestigious schools in the entire world and I am so unbelievably grateful for the opportunity. It is hard to believe that this will be my home for the next two months.


No comments:

Post a Comment