Thursday, July 17, 2014

Weekend In Paris!

Paris was absolutely everything I imagined it to be! I was so unbelievably excited to explore a city that I had yet to be in. Vienna and I saw and ate so many exciting things during our short time in Paris. Our first stop was the Louvre, which was one of the most breathtaking museums I have ever been to. From the outside to the inside; there was so much detail and beautiful art.


Both of us were so excited to see the Eiffel Tower, so our next stop was to the most iconic building in Paris! It exceeded both of our expectations. Looking up at the giant tower on a beautiful sunny day with the hustle and bustle of tourists all around was a moment I will never forget. It felt so surreal being in Paris staring up at one of the most dazzling structures in the world.


We further explored the city, walking across the various bridges and going to Notre Dame. We surprisingly never had too many issues with the language barrier, which was definitely a relief for the both of us. I did find myself occasionally saying "donde esta…"but overall we made our way through the city and enjoyed the view the whole way.

Of course we were in Paris so we had to have some escargot! Vienna had never heard of it before and when I told her it was snails she nearly threw up on the spot. But I made her try it and after that she couldn't stop raving about how much she loved snails! I felt so nostalgic eating escargot in Paris with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Doesn't get more French than that!


Au revoir France!



No comments:

Post a Comment